What's more classic at a summer gathering than burger sliders? With these Full-Blood Wagyu Burger Sliders, everyone is going to want to come to the party! Enjoy this upscale take on a standard favorite, and feel free to mix up the toppings to your taste!
Adapted from Steaks and Game.
Makes 12 sliders.
- 1½ lbs. ground 100% Full-Blood Wagyu Burger
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 small brioche buns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled, or 6 slices cheese, depending on preference
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- ½ white onion , sliced
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 4 crispy smoked bacon slices
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- A bunch of small parsley leaves
- Arugula or other small greens, if desired
- Mix the ground meat with onion, parsley and 1 tbsp olive oil, and add salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, knead the mix for about a minute. This improves the texture of the mixture.
- Divide the mix into patties, about 2 oz per slider, then shape into patties and place them on a tray, covered with film. Freeze for 1/2 hour prior to cooking to help hold the shape.
- Cook the sliders on a grill or pan, 3-5 minutes, then flip, and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Prepare toppings: slice the cherry tomatoes in half and saute with olive oil until soft. Cut the 1/2 white onion into long slices and caramelize with olive oil, the sugar and the vinegar, until soft and sweet. Mix the mayo and parsley. Put aside for burger assembly.
- Serve the burgers on toasted brioche buns, topped with blue cheese crumbles or other sliced cheese, the sautéed tomatoes, caramelized onions, bacon and parsley mayo. Add small greens if desired.