This Caribbean-inspired spice blend marinade transforms this affordable, tougher cut into a wonderfully flavored steak.
Inspired by a recipe from The Spruce Eats.
- 1-2 limes juiced (at least 2 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 Wagyu Eye of Round steaks (approx. .3 lbs per steak)
- To make the marinade, combine the lime juice, salt, garlic powder, cumin, pepper, and coriander.
- Use a fork to prick the steaks deeply all over and on both sides.
- Place steaks in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the steaks, making sure to coat well and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Place steaks on a hot grill or other surface that has been very lightly coated with cooking spray and cook each side for 4 to 5 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes, then serve with your favorite sides.